In order to download your animals into Herdwatch, you have to log-on to your Agfood.ie account and link it with Herdwatch. This is an easy one-off process that simply gives Herdwatch permission to access your herd details. Make sure to complete both STEP 1 and STEP 2 below.
STEP 1: Link your Agfood by following the below steps :
- Go to www.agfood.ie and log in using your username, PAC number & password (if you don't have an Agfood account or have lost your password, follow the instructions on the page)
- Select "Animal Identification and Movements"
- Click on "Interact with AIM using Farm Software Provider" (NOTE: If you cannot see the “Farm Software Link” option on Afgood, your Herd may have been registered on Agfood as a Company with restricted access. If so, go to this article)
- Tick the box to the left of Herdwatch and select "Continue" (NOTE: If you do not see a list of all providers including Herdwatch, go this article)
- Tick the box agreeing to T & C’s and enter your email in the 2 email boxes
- Click "SUBMIT"
This short video also shows the steps
STEP 2: To fully eliminate the Blue Book, you MUST set Agfood as your Bovine Electronic Herd Register. This means that the Agfood website will act as your official Herd register should you have a Cross Compliance inspection. This is not automatic but very easy to do, so make sure you complete these steps:
- Log into Agfood.ie
- Select "Animal Identifications and Movements"
- Click on "Herd" (located at the top of the page)
- Click on "Bovine Electronic Herd Register"
- You will have to enter your email address twice and tick the Terms and Conditions box and confirm.