Managing animals using groups in Herdwatch is simple, it allows you to treat multiple animals in one go or to apply an action to them quickly.
The important thing to know before you start is that animals can be in more than one group at any one time. (i.e they could be group called "Milkers" and be in a group called "lame cows")
Moving animals between groups
If you want to move animals between two separate groups, then you must:
- Remove them from one group.
- Add them to the new group.
How to remove animals from a group
- Go to my Herd and select Groups
- Tap the group you want to remove the animals from
- If you just want to remove animals that were recently sold, then just tap "Remove moved out Animals"
- If the animals are still in herd, then Tap the magic button (top right)
- Tap Edit
- Here you can change the group name, purchase/sale price per animal, purpose and more
- Renaming a group: If its case that you have group called "Calves 17" and you want to move them into a group called "Weanlings", then you could simply rename the group and tap Save
- To remove some animals from a group: Tap next
- Tap the animals you want to move out (They will turn from orange to grey)
- Tap save an that group has been updated.
To add animals to an existing group
- Go to My Herd and select Groups
- Tap the group you want to add animals to
- Tap the magic wand and tap Edit
- Tap Next
- Scroll down (the animals that are already in the group will be at the top of the group and highlighted in orange)
- Tap on the animals that you want to add to the group.
Hint: You can use filters to add multiple animals to the group
How to use filters
- Tap the Filter & Sort Button
- Tap Filter & Sort: This will allow you to apply different filters on what animals you want in the group
- The Filters include: Animals born on farm, Animals bought in, Over 70 days in Herd, Animals under 30 months, Breed, Sex, Age, Animal Purpose, etc.