Its easy to register movements into your herd and update BCMS using the Herdwatch app. Its simply a matter of scanning the bar-code on the passport using the Herdwatch app and telling Herdwatch to notify BCMS.
Herdwatch will pull down the animal details from BCMS (.ie Age, Sex, Breed, Dam, Sire)
Steps to record an on-movement in Herdwatch
- Tap the Orange plus button
- Tap Record a Remedy or Compliance event
- Tap Animal Movements
- Tap Movement ON Registration
Enter the Movement details
- Enter the buyer name and holding number
- You can also enter the price of the animal(s) here too
- Tap next
- Tap create animal
- Tap Scan Tag number
Notifying in multiple Animals:
If you want to scan more than 1 passport in at a time then just tap yes when you asked do you want to create another animal.
When you have scanned in all your passports,
- simply select the animals you want to Register onto your Herd. (Note: They will turn orange when selected)
- Tap Save
- Tap SEND TO BCMS NOW
- Enter your 6 digit pin
The animal details such as Age, Sex, Breed, Dam, Sire will come down from BCMS over the next 2-3 days.