Managing animals using groups in Herdwatch is simple, it allows you to treat multiple animals in one go or to apply an action to them quickly.
The important thing to know before you start is that animals can be in more than one group at any one time. (i.e they could be group called "Milkers" and be in a group called "lame cows")
Moving animals between groups
If you want to move animals between two separate groups, then you must:
- Remove them from one group.
- Add them to the new group.
How to remove animals from a group
- Go to my Herd and tap the Groups tab.
- Tap the group you want to remove the animals from
- If you just want to remove animals that were recently sold, then just tap the 3 dots button (Top right) and tap remove moved out animals.
- If the animals are still in herd, then Tap the 3 dots button (top right)
- Tap Edit
- Here you can change the group name, description and animals in the group.
- Renaming a group: If its case that you have group called "Calves 17" and you want to move them into a group called "Weanlings", then you could simply rename the group and tap Next & Save
- To remove some animals from a group: Tap next
- Tap Animals selected button (bottom bar)
- Tap the animals you want to move out (They will turn from light blue to white and will be un-ticked)
- Tap save an that group has been updated.
To add animals to an existing group
- Tap the orange plus button.
- Swipe over & tap the "Add animals to group button"
- Tap the group you want to add animals to
- Tap the animals
- Tap save
Hint: You can use filters to add multiple animals to the group
How to use filters
- Tap the search Icon (magnifying class in the top right)
- Tap Filter "This will allow you to apply different filters on what animals you want in the group"
- The Filters include: Animals born on farm, Animals bought in, Over 70 days in Herd, Animals under 30 months, Breed, Sex, Age, Animal Purpose, etc.