APHIS is changing how their system works for farmers who have their HMRC online revenue account linked to their APHIS account.
From October 1st 2020, herds that have their APHIS account linked to their HMRC online revenue account will have to use Two-Factor authentication to use APHIS services from the Herdwatch App and their APHIS online account.
NOTE: If you do not have your HMRC revenue account linked to your APHIS account then there will be no change for you.
However if your HMRC revenue account is linked to your APHIS account, you will now have to use a two-factor authentication for APHIS interactions with Herdwatch such as Calf Registration, updating your herd profile, deaths and movements.
What is Two-Factor Authentication?
Two-Factor Authentication is a security process used to confirm the identity of a farmer when they try to use an APHIS service. In a nutshell, its sends a second password to a farmer every time they try to access an APHIS service. This password will be valid for 24 hours, and will be different every time you receive one.
How will the Two-factor authentication work?
You will have previously told APHIS how you want to receive your two-factor code, this will either be by Text or Phone Call.
NOTE: You may have given APHIS your home phone in the past so it is possible that you receive the 2 Factor notification on that number.
How will it work in Herdwatch?
When you open the Herdwatch app for the first time that day:
- Tap the warning sign on the top right of the screen.
2. Click Continue
3.Enter the APHIS Pin you receive.
4. Your herd will begin to Sync
Once you enter it in the app, it will be valid for 24 hours.
You will then be able to use the app as normal.
If you don't enter your two-factor code at that point, your herd cannot update but it will ask you again if you want to do Calf Registration, Herd Update or Movement.
What if I have more than 1 phone number on my APHIS online account?
Some farmers may have more than one phone number selected for their APHIS two-factor authentication. If that the case then the authentication process will work slightly different for you.
Here is the Process for herds with multiple two-factor numbers:
- Click on the Red Warning ICON
- Click Continue
- You will get an Alert message warning you that "You have more than 1 phone number on APHIS..."
- Click OK
- Click on "GG sign in/ Register"
- Enter your Government Gate ID and Password
- Select the number you want to receive the access code on and tap continue
- Finally, Enter the Two-Factor code that you received by text or phone call
- Tap the back to Herdwatch button when you get a white screen
- Your herd has now been authenticated, you will have to wait until the next back for the Red Warning icon to disappear.
Changing my Two Factor Settings on APHIS
This video from DAERA explains how you can change the number associated with your APHIS account.