NOTE: This article is only for farmers who are participating in the ICBF Green Breed DNA Calf Registration programme.
The Calf Registration process is a little different for farmers who are participating in the ICBF Green Breed DNA Calf Registration programme.
To register a calf you must:
- Create the calf on ICBF using their website or the DNA Calf Registration App. All you need to do is enter the tag number and date of birth. The rest can remain blank.
- You then need to send off your DNA samples to be analysed.
- The calf will appear on Herdwatch within 15 mins of being created on ICBF.
- Once you receive your information back from the lab. You will receive one of 3 messages.
- Sample error
- Genotype received with same parents
- Genotype received with different parents
5. At this point, you will need to go back into ICBF and tap "Complete Registration" & "Save". This will allow the confirmed information to flow to Herdwatch.
6. That data will flow to Herdwatch within 15 mins and you will then simply have to tap "Register calf Now" and your calf will be registered.
NOTE: If you do not want to accept the changes to the parentage from the DNA Calf Registration then you will need to contact ICBF to change it.
Dead Calves/ Stillborn Calves:
If you have an issue with stillborn calves disappearing from Herdwatch. That is because they have been registered by the Knackery. You will find these calves in your moved off list on Herdwatch.